my hopes, my dreams, my loves - anything under the moon

Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 1: Apple Cider Vinegar Weight Loss Plan - 141 lbs

Ok, this is not a strict, formal diet or weight loss plan. This is something my sister convinced me to do. And again, I'm a sucker for new things, so I'm trying this.

I must admit I'm the usual couch potato. No exercise. Just sit, eat, watch TV, eat, work in front of the laptop, eat, then surf the net, eat, then sleep. No physical activity whatsoever. Unless you count driving as a physical activity (I drive an automatic transmission car by the way, which makes driving a non-exercise).

Some go the slimming shake-pill-tea route, but I'm afraid to try all of those because I don't have a gall bladder anymore. Yup, had mine remove 3 years ago because of nasty gall stones. I'm afraid if I take those chemical-infused slimming stuff, I would torture my liver - yuck!

My sister recommended I try the Apple Cider Vinegar concoction to lose weight. She said to pour 1-2 tsp of ACV into a glass of water then add 1-2 tsp of raw honey. Drink before each meal, 3 times a day. That's it.

I actually bought the ACV even before reading up if this concoction of hers works LOL. I bought the Bragg organic ACV (available in Healthy Options). Then the raw honey from Landmark Supermarket. Bragg organic ACV at Php139 and Cem's honey at Php60.80.
I've started taking this drink 3 times today. Taste is not bad. If you're used to lemonade, then this is just okay. Shake or mix well so the honey does not stay at the bottom of the glass.

My weight today is 141 lbs. I'm 4'11" tall (or short!). This gives me a BMI of 28.5 (overweight!). I need to lose 20 lbs because the ideal weight for my height is 94-124 lbs. Aaarrrggghh!!!

I've read some of the literature of ACV benefits on weight loss and it sounds promising. Overall, the concoction, according to a study, will result to a long term weight loss of 15lbs per year even without a change in diet - nice! Read up on ACV benefits and other home remedies here: Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits

Let's see how this turns out. I'm desperate for a weight loss plan but I don't want to go through the pill route - so help me God!

1 comment: