my hopes, my dreams, my loves - anything under the moon

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Echolilia

I'm subscribed to Time Magazine's updates in Facebook. They have great articles - most are socially relevant and some are actually funny articles you'd read when you want to de-stress.

This particular one caught my attention yesterday. I think mainly because I've been more exposed and a lot more open to special needs children now that my son is doing therapy. To be honest, I actually cried and it's very embarrassing because I was reading this at the office after work. Maybe it was because I had a very long day at work or maybe because I could empathize with how the father felt while taking those photos.

The Time Photo article is Echolilia: A Father's Photographic Conversation with his Autistic Son. Aside from the photos being absolutely amazing, the pictures would actually speak to you as a parent. I don't know if it made me sad or if it made me a bit happy because somehow the father was able to reach out to his special needs son without the need for complicated conversation.

The photographer also has a blog which is an interesting read. You can also see more of his photos here.

1 comment: