my hopes, my dreams, my loves - anything under the moon

Friday, August 27, 2010

Very Simple

I love this brief entry in zen habits. This is from Leo Babauta. This has captured the very essence of how to enjoy life. Too many material things have clouded our meaning of happiness. Time to change that perspective and go back to basics.

A BRIEF GUIDE TO LIFE

Life can be ridiculously complicated, if you let it. I suggest we simplify.

Thich Nhat Hanh’s quote, which I’ve stolen as this site’s subtitle, is the shortest guide to life you’ll ever need:

“Smile, breath, and go slowly.”

If you live your life by those five words, you’ll do pretty well. For those who need a little more guidance, I’ve distilled the lessons I’ve learned (so far) into a few guidelines, or reminders, really.

And as always, these rules are meant to be broken. Life wouldn’t be any fun if they weren’t.

THE BRIEF GUIDE

less tv, more reading

less shopping, more outdoors

less clutter, more space

less rush, more slowness

less consuming, more creating

less junk, more real food

less busywork, more impact

less driving, more walking

less noise, more solitude

less focus on the future, more on the present

less work, more play

less worry, more smiles

breathe


happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment